Friday, June 25, 2010

My Jelly Bean, Father's Day, and Wedding Road Trip

We celebrated Father's Day this year in two places, first at home before we left for Maggie and Ian's wedding in Clovis and then at the BBQ after the wedding. I was so stressed out on what to do for Eric I had no idea what would express to him how I felt about being lucky enough to be the Mother of his baby and how incredible a father I think he is. . . . . . so I bought him some much needed casual clothes and framed some pictures for his office and then wrote him a letter in his card, trying to express my feelings. . . . it seems like when I really want to say something, I get writer's block. But he enjoyed it none the less.  In Clovis, Maggie had emailed all of the girls and asked us for pictures of the Dads with their kids, and then she and Ian put together a really moving slide show of all the Dads present, it was really really cool and a lot of hard work for two people planning a wedding and honeymoon!


From the letter, "Whoever would have imagined in their wildest dreams or nightmares that we would bury one son and bring another home all in a short week." To Eric, you are my rock, and at the same time a soft place that I can cuddle into when I need someone stronger, you are the love of my life, my best friend, and a leading example of greatness. I love you.

Father and Son, dressed alike.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Someday, Owen will catch up in size and I won't get the suprise and confusion when I tell people his age, and then have to launch into his whole life story to try and explain why he is "so tiny"! I'm not mad about it, I am proud of him for being such a fighter, I feel like I am bragging when I tell his harrowing story of survival. Everyday he is getting bigger and stronger. His progress is truly astonishing to someone as humbly normal as me. I love to watch him grab at things or process in his mind how he is going to get what he wants. He is so determined. True to his gender, you can read every emotion in split seconds as they dance across his face.  I love it.  I cannot wait until he gets a little more mobile and has even more emotional development. 

On June 19th Ian Adair (Eric's cousin on his Mother's side) married Maggie Peterson.  It was a beautiful Catholic wedding.  Everything was amazing, I was really impressed with all of the details.  It was really nice to get to spend some time with them after the wedding as well.  Here are a few pictures.  You can't see very well, but Owen has on a tuxedo onsie, because "He's formal, but he's here to party."

The Bride and Groom

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated Fathers's Day! (I'm just catching up on my blogs).

    Owen looks like such a stud.

    ReplyDelete