Thursday, April 7, 2011

Walking!!!!!

I'm such a sclacker on my posts!  (recurruing theme alert:-), anyhow, as of the end of February Owen is officially walking, and as of about a week he can now get up without any assistance!  It is so awesome to have him toddling around after me, I love it.  He has also pretty much mastered opening doors (and slamming them shut!), so all the toilets are locked and during the day, pretty much all the doors are locked too:-)  He is fascinated with Mikey's mouth (gross) and LOVES being outside.  We have a lemon and orange tree in the front yard and he loves getting a piece of fruit in each hand and then parading them around the yard until it is time to taste them.

We visited my family for a week right when he started walking and it was a blast.  We went into San Francisco a few times and visited Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, and The California Academy of Sciences.  I hadn't been to the latter since highschool and the whole thing was renovated and redone.  It is really nice and includes the Steinhardt Aquarium which is stunning, and a four story living rainforest encased in a bubble (which if you just blew out your naturally curly hair and curled it you should NOT enter. . . . if only I had thought of that advice BEFORE I went in!), and a living roof where there are all native plants growing all over the roof for energy conservation and other environmental benefits.  It was way cool, and I hope when we head out there this summer we get to go back!  Anyway, my parents treated us the whole week and even babysat one night so we say our FIRST movie since I went on bedrest (I know), The Fighter.  It was awesome!

Back here in Phoenix, we have been toiling away Eric has been working very hard, and I have been trying to finish all of my projects for my new niece or nephew to be, my niece turning one and a bunch of projects I have planned for our house!  Hopefully in the next few weeks I will have time to post pics and links for them.

I hope all who read my blog read my post about March of Dimes and is walking or has donated, if not there is still time and I'd love to see your smiling face this Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment