Friday, November 12, 2010

It Started with a Cupcake

I can't believe it has been this long since I last posted!  Where has the time gone. 

We had Owen's birthday party 3 weeks ago.  It was fabulous.  About 6 months ago I began to wonder how we would celebrate.  I perused the internet looking for just the perfect theme, when I ran across an owl party on a blog and it turned out I already had the cupcake decorating book to make owl cupcakes. . . . well it grew from there. . . I literally had no idea how much stuff there was out there for children's parties.  I had the most fun researching desserts and decorations for this party.  I know Owen won't remember mini pies, or strawberry cake pops, but he will be able to look back at the 1000 pictures taken by his Grandma and see all of the family and friends who took time out of their lives and in some cases traveled great distances to wish him a very happy birthday!


Thank you to everyone who came down, thank you to my dear friend Angela who has a fabulous collection of lovely serveware, thank you to my family especially my mom who makes fabulous tissue pom poms and is the best baby watcher, and thank you to all of Eric's family for making the trip out!

1 comment:

  1. You did such an amazing job, that when I stepped in & saw everything, I felt like I was in a magazine! It was oooooozing in CUTENESS, and I was a huge fan of the bean bag owls, which are displayed in Camden & Nixen's room & also their bathroom!
    What an awesome party for such a handsome 1 Year-Old.

    ReplyDelete