Friday, October 1, 2010

Time

Is it just me, or do all moms want to freeze time.  I feel like it is running through my fingers like water.  Owen is growing and changing so fast.  I keep wishing I could stop time right now, right at this instant and keep everything the same forever.  I love how snuggly he is when he is tired, and how when he starts crawling towards something forbidden he can't help but give himself away by squealing and blowing rasberries in excitement of reaching his destination.  I love that he can still fall asleep in my arms and cries for me occasionally as I leave the room  . . . I always go back and pick him up, you can call this spoiling but I don't really care, someday he won't want to be held and rocked and smothered in kisses so I am going to do it as much as possible right now.  I love how he looks for me when he is playing on the floor and I am in the kitchen and when our eyes meet he breaks out into a huge smile.  Will he always look at me with such love?  I don't know . . . . . I love how between 5 and 7pm every night he just wants to be held and walked around the house.  He loves looking at photographs and everytime he acts like it is the first time and it is the most exciting picture.  I love how he squirms in the bath and doesn't want to sit up, and his rubber ducky is attached to his mouth. . . .There isn't anything that I don't love.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe my new FAVE photo of him! His smile is seriously the cuuuutest!
    I can relate to this post completely. I feel like Michael & I were a bit too strict with Camden's schedule, etc. from the beginning. We made sure never to hold her too much, or rock her to sleep, and it paid off in the sense that she always put herself to sleep & slept 10 hours per night.....but what I wouldn't give to go BACK & do it over, and just hold her a little more. That is why I am soaking UP my precious time with Nixen, because now I really know how quickly that precious time disappears! GOOD FOR YOU, enjoy every second with that beautiful boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soak it up Mama. We did and still do that with Matix and we have zero regrets because the payoff is so rewarding. It's actually nice not to have a schedule because you can still do things as a family and they seem to really appreciate that.

    That picture is awesome, he was such a cutie today. I look forward to next Friday.

    Thanks again for today!!!!!

    PS Can't wait till you guys are in the hood, keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With stories like this, I wish I could stop time for you too! I'm so proud of that little man and everything he has done in one short year!!!

    ReplyDelete