Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very hard for me to believe that my little baby is two years old!  These last couple of weeks we celebrated his actual birthday and had our big birthday bash as well.  Owen was much more into his gifts this year and really enjoyed playing with all of his little friends.  We were so lucky to have so many friends and nearly all of our immediate families come out to celebrate this special time with us.  I TOTALLY had prego brain and forgot to get a picture of Owen and Emma when they were fresh in their birthday outfits, and I'm still bummed about it since I love seeing how much they change and grow everytime they get together.

We started Owen's actual birthday by going in together and singing happy birthday and taking a picture when he woke up . . . . I'm not sure what he thought of that:-)






That afternoon my parents showed up and were able to spend his actual birthday with us.  We got Owen a wagon for his birthday and to be honest the motivation behind it was for decoration for his birthday party, but he love love loves going for rides in his wagon!

Seriously, don't even ask about this cake, it was delicious but seriously the ugliest cake I've ever made.





It was a wonderful day, everyday I think about Owen's beginning and how truly lucky we are to have him in our lives, still sometimes there is a little empty spot where I imagine Liam growing and thriving as Owen is and wonder what it would be like what would his personality be like. . .I try to use these thoughts as something positive so that I never ever take for granted what I do have.  I have to take a second and just say thank you to my husband for working as hard as he does to allow me to spend every precious moment I can with Owen.  I am also so thankful to God for giving me Owen and my family and for never losing patience with me as I continue to try and be a better person through his image.  I think I'm one of the luckiest people on the planet. 

1 comment:

  1. So sorry we couldn't make the party, and even if you think the cake didn't look good physically...I KNOW your baking skills & I'm SURE it was deeeeelisssh!

    We LOVE our all-terrain wagon, and I'm sure your boys will have many memories with theirs.

    Happy Birthday, Owen!

    You always have a way with words that leaves me with a giant knot in my throat.
    I thought of you when I watched an episode of Oprah (actually just the other night on the OWN.) A woman gave birth to 2 baby boys (each born at around 1.5 lbs), and one baby boy did not make it. She & her husband were struggling to enjoy the moments with their living son, and this psychologist BLEW ME AWAY with his advice/words to them! If/when you have a chance, watch their story: http://youtu.be/ULEpx8B-Krk

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete